So, apparently I have misplaced my rights:
1) The right NOT to be shot, and to be free of people telling me they have 2nd Amendment protection to have guns/ammo. (They don’t: this fallacy is predicated on the need for a “WELL REGULATED Militia” in lieu of the military; we have a strong military, so it is moot; additionally, “right to bear arms” does not mean guns — it means any weapon, so why not just have pictures of Sarah Palin to scare people off, or ICBMs?)
2) The right to live in a peaceful world NOT damaged/polluted beyond comprehension by greedy corporations (BP, Halliburton, Black Water/Zee, and so on).
3) The right NOT to have religious nuts blathering on about nonsense (such as the Founding Fathers were Christian — which they weren’t; mostly, they were Deist — some were even atheists!). The U.S. is not a Christian nation… yet.
4) The right NOT to have Republicans inundate me with non-facts (such as claiming that Nazis, Fascists, Socialists and Communists are all the same, and that Democrats are all of them, all at once… For the record:
- Nazi = Hitler
- Fascists = Bush/Cheney
- Socialist = Thomas Jefferson
- Communist = Chairman Mao
- Democrats = Intelligent cowards
- Republicans = Mentally disturbed theocrats)
That’s all for now: I’ll think of more, I’m sure…